Following information is retrieved from VGF website, please visit the website for further information - https://www.vgf-ffm.de/de/aktuellpresse/news/einzelansicht/coronavirus-die-vgf-stellt-einzelne-serviceangebote-ein/
Buses and trains in Frankfurt will operate from Wednesday, March 18, 2020 according to the summer vacation timetable, due to the closure of the schools.
Reduced contact between employees and passengers is said to help slow the spread of viruses.
The VGF will take further steps to slow down the spread of the coronavirus or to do its part. At the center of the catalog of restrictions and closings is the consideration of protecting employees as well as passengers.
Specifically, these are:
- The ticket center at the Hauptwache will be closed, ticket purchases and advice can continue at the ticket center in the Konstablerwache and Bornheim Mitte . Their counters will remain open for the time being, ticket purchase is still possible at ticket machines.
- Exit controls are discontinued. Nevertheless, the ticket requirement still applies. Passengers purchase tickets before the journey as time tickets, via the RMV app or at the latest when changing at a station with a ticket machine.
- The information point in the "Hauptwache" station (platform towards Sachsenhausen) will be closed.
- The service center in the “Bockenheimer Warte” station will also be closed.
- The operation of the Ebbel-Ex ( regular and rental traffic) is discontinued.
- The traffic museum remains closed.
- The Easter Bunny Express will not run this year.
- The info bus is set.
- Operation of the AV bus on the banks of the Main will also be discontinued.
- Passenger information in stations by VGF employees is also set, but information is available "at the push of a button" on the omnipresent emergency call and information pillars by the operations control center.
The VGF has decided further restrictions that have an internal and external effect:
- Unfortunately the Girls Day planned for March 26 has to be canceled.
- Internships can no longer be offered until further notice.
- In general, all visits and / or guided tours of VGF properties are discontinued or canceled.
- Business and further education trips are not started.
The following offers will not be posted:
- Lost property office , but there are restrictions: changed opening times closed on Mondays, Tuesday to Friday 8 a.m. - 12 noon, approach the counters individually (please note signs), no payment of lost property fees, no auctions
- Presence of the security service in stations and vehicles
- Passenger escort service , but there will be restrictions in individual cases
Some of the steps are already in place, others will take effect tomorrow. They apply until further notice.